When online shopping became widespread, electronic stores took a hit, causing most of the big retailers to close down.
Right now, the one and only place we dare to recommend is Best Buy. What’s good about it: it’s safe to shop there, you know what you’re getting, and you can return or exchange your merchandise easily. What’s not so good: because nowadays most people prefer buying online, their stores don’t carry their entire catalog.
If what you’re looking for is not in store and you have time, you can have them order the item for you. You can also shop entirely online and have the products delivered to your hotel (first check to make sure they can hold packages for you) or to the nearest Best Buy store.
Here’s the list of Best Buy stores in Miami Beach and Miami:
Because we know you’re wondering: ALL THESE STORES OPEN EVERY DAY (yes, Sundays included!)
Another option is BrandSmart USA, where they sell anything from tablets to refrigerators.
Here are the stores in and near Miami (if you’re staying in Miami Beach, keep in mind these are far and not easily accessible without a car)
- 4320 NW 167th St, Miami Gardens, FL 33054
- 7260 N Kendall Dr, Kendall, FL 33156
- 16051 S Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL 33157
Walmart (we’ve listed only the supercenters because they are larger):
- (this one is the nearest and most accessible from Miami Beach)
Opens from 7am to 11pm
Opens 24 hours
- 3401 N Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33127 (this one is the closest to Miami Beach)
- 10700 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33138
- 3825 NW 7th St, Miami, FL 33126
- 900 N Miami Beach Blvd, North Miami Beach, FL 33162
Finally, a word of advice: be careful with smaller shops that have lots of electronics with incredibly cheap prices on display on their windows. If the price is too good to be true, don’t trust it.