With our awesome weather, who wouldn’t want to spend all day outdoors? Here’s a list of our parks, beaches, and open spaces.
*Interested in a good workout? We’re also listing our favorite gyms (click here to jump right to the list)
Parks in South Beach:
- Lummus Park: this park runs from 5th to 15th Streets along Ocean Drive. It’s a great spot to workout (it has workout equipment), jog, ride your bike or roller blades, or simply go for a stroll. Also, it has beach volleyball courts and a playground area for the kids.
- South Pointe Park: Go to the very end of South Beach (1 Washington Ave) and you’ll find it. This park is beautiful. Renovated in 2009, it has a relaxed feel to it. Walk around or lay down to sun bathe on the green grass. Bring some snacks for a picnic. Take in the views of Biscayne Bay, Fisher Island, and Downtown Miami. Watch the cruise ships depart from the port of Miami. If you have kids, they’ll love it: the park has a small water play area and jungle gym where they can have a fun time. Learn more about it here.
- Flamingo Park: (1200 Michigan Avenue) This park is used mostly by locals. Yet, we think it has a little bit for everyone. Learn more here
- Maurice Gibb Memorial Park: (18th St & Purdy Avenue) This small park is a good place for a quiet time or to take your kids to the playground. It’s right on the bay, so you can sit by the water to read or eat at one of the picnic tables. Also, this is a great place to watch the sunset (afterwards, you can step out to Purdy Ave and have some drinks or dinner)
Gyms in South Beach:
- Crunch – Washington Ave: 1259 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 674-8222
- Crunch – Alton Rd: 1676 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 531-4743
- Equinox South Beach: 520 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 673-1172
- PAL GYM Miami Beach: 999 11th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 531-5636 ext. 22
- Anatomy at 1220: 1220 20th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (786) 213-1220
- Barry’s Bootcamp: 1835 Purdy Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (786) 888-1699